Food can never be appetizing when it’s black and white. Color in food adds appeal and makes it look delicious even without tasting it yet. But before we take a bite of colorful goodies, check if the coloring used are natural. Artificial coloring added to food contains chemicals like tar derivatives, hydrocarbons and petrochemicals. These components have no nutritional value and according to some studies it can cause many health and behavioural problems.
Because of the chemicals in artificial food coloring people are avoiding these and are opting natural colorings. You can also do the same.
Beets are very red and richly color. It has a nutty flavor that works well with baked goods. You could simply juice or puree beets to get its red color.
To make coloring with beets you need:
– 1 cup fresh or canned beets
– Enough water to cover the beets
– 2 tsps. Vinegar
1. Put the beets in a glass and ad water enough to cover the beets. Let it boil then lower the heat down and simmer for 30 minutes. Remove the beets when they’re not as soft as when you would want it when eaten.
2. Strain the beets and separate the juice. Peel and chop beets before you add it back to the juice and leave it for 4 hours.
3. Strain the liquid again and remove at least ¾ cup of juice. Add the vinegar. You can now use this as coloring.
Turmeric has a bright yellow color perfect as food coloring. To use this ingredient, you will need:
– 2 Water
1. Place 2 cups water on the pot and place on the stove. Remove water from stove when it starts to boil.
2. Pour 1 cup of water in a bowl and mix with turmeric. Combine it thoroughly. You can add more water or turmeric depending on the shade you want.
3. Place on container and use it as you would a food coloring.
To make blue food coloring with blueberries you’ll need:
– 1 cup blueberries
– Enough water to cover the berries
1. Pour the berries in the saucepan and add enough water to cover the berries.
2. Let the water simmer over medium-low heat. Let the berries simmer for 30 minutes or until they’re soft.
3. Mash the berries with a fork and let it seep for 5-10 minutes.
4. Strain the berries and transfer the liquid in the container.
5. Now you have blue food coloring ready to use.
Drink THIS Green Powder Every Morning (It Will Be The Best Decision You Ever Make!)
- Having more energy than you thought possible
- Not being so dang hungry all the time
- Feeling strong
- Sleeping like a baby
- Finally shifting that stubborn fat
It cleanses your body from the inside out... detoxifying... de-stressing... naturally and effortlessly melting away stubborn layers of fat. Just stir a spoonful into a glass of water in the morning and experience the best health ever!