Always make sure that you clean out your drain regularly. Remember, you do a lot of washing and cleaning over your drain, and while most of the dirt, grime, and food particles get washed out, there are still some that gets stuck in the drain. The problem is that these residues tend to build up over time, which leads to your drain getting clogged and overflowing.
All you need to clean your drain regularly and thoroughly are simple household ingredients such as baking soda and vinegar. These products are natural and non-toxic, unlike many commercial drain cleaners on the market.
Freshen Drains with Baking Soda and Vinegar
- Mix 1/2 cup baking soda with 1/4 cup table salt and pour down drain
- Follow by pouring 1 cup of heated vinegar down the drain (it will foam and bubble)
- Let it sit for 15 minutes
- After 15 minutes run hot tap water for 30-60 seconds.
image source: tidymom.net
215+ Home Remedies, Natural Beauty Recipes & DIY Household ProductsIncluded in this life changing eBook are:
- 105+ Natural Home Remedies -treat almost any illness with natural ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen.
- 75+ Natural Beauty Recipes - Get the best hair and skin you've ever had and look younger with these insanely clever natural beauty recipes.
- 35+ DIY Household Products & Cleaners -Never buy a toxic cleaning product again! Save a fortune AND your families health with these super simple homemade cleaning products that work BETTER than store bought!