In this fast-paced world, we are all consumed with workload or other busy schedules. But surely, you can keep your healthy oral hygiene by taking regular check-ups to dentist or simply by brushing your teeth every day! However, nature provides some herbal remedies that may come in handy just in case you are suffering from toothaches, cankers sores or bad breath. Follow the steps given below and you can make your own mouthwashes and toothpastes. What’s more – they are very cost effective and easy to use!
Mouthwashes – Halitosis or most commonly known as bad breath happens because of the bacteria that comes from food. Herbal mouthwashes may just have the solution that you are seeking. Moreover, these recipes are known to work wonders!
• Take a spoonful of rosemary, peppermint, and lavender, blend the herbs and then place them in hot water. Let it cool, and your mouthwash is ready.
• Pick up a quart bottle, blend 4 cups of water with 2 teaspoons of sugar, and drip 3 teaspoons of peppermint oil and ¾ teaspoon of boric acid solution. You can mix food coloring if you want to. Mix them thoroughly and shake the bottle. However, just gargle the mixture, don’t gulp it down!
• Drop 3 teaspoon of angelic seeds into 2 cups of steaming hot water. Throw in some peppermint, lemon verbena, caraway, and rosemary to boost it up; an orris root will give off a pleasant fragrance and your breath will smell like violet. Now stir the mixture till it cools off. Use a firmly closed bottle to keep the mixture.
• Take 2 cups of hot water and drop ¼ of apple cider vinegar. After it cools down, keep it in a bottle or a container.
• Strawberries can be very effective when it comes to cleansing teeth. Take a freshly cut strawberry and cleanse your teeth and gums with it. After 15 minutes, brush your teeth firmly with warm water.
• Have plaque and tartar? Look for lemons in your kitchen, grind the lemons and scrub them on your teeth and gums. Do not forget to gently and slowly rub your gums. This might work wonders!
• Take 10ml of water; add ¼ of glycerin, 1 tablespoon of calcium carbonate, ¼ of neutral soap powder, 1 teaspoon of acacia, along with it mix 2 spoons of peppermint oil. Some of you don’t know this, but calcium carbonate acts as the abrasive, glycerin sweetens, soap cleans, acacia thickens, and peppermint adds flavor to the mixture.
Cankers sores are said to be caused by bacteria and viruses in the mouth which are triggered by alcohol, tobacco and gastric problems. Thankfully there are available remedies!
• To get relief, take out a tea bag, boil it in warm water and press it in the sore area for 5 minutes.
• Take some tablespoons of oil myrrh in your mouth and apply it to the spot where you have the canker sore.
• Cankerroot for canker sores – Pour a cup of water in a bowl, drop a spoonful of cankerroot in it, and apply this mixture on the sore area.
Now if you want mouthwash for your sore, here is a simple and easy step to make your mouthwash. Mix 1 cup of steaming hot water with 1 teaspoon of thyme. Stir for 15 minutes and the gurgle. This should do the trick!
Toothaches: You may have encountered this agonizing experience at some point. A call to the dentist is a must but just in case you need temporary relief, the following recipes may help you out!
• Look for some oil of cloves, dip cotton swab in it, and place it in your tooth.
• Drop a cotton ball into ammonia and apply it on the tooth.
• Grains of cayenne pepper on the aching tooth and gums are said to be quite effective. It may hurt at first, but once the smarting stops, the pain will lessen.
In earlier times, the Hindu remedy suggested cutting a soft fresh fig, apply the juice on the affected tooth, and keep doing it at 15 minutes intervals till the pain goes away.
So the next time you find yourself having bad breath or toothache, you can treat them by using some amazing DIY herbal remedies!
Drink THIS Green Powder Every Morning (It Will Be The Best Decision You Ever Make!)
- Having more energy than you thought possible
- Not being so dang hungry all the time
- Feeling strong
- Sleeping like a baby
- Finally shifting that stubborn fat
It cleanses your body from the inside out... detoxifying... de-stressing... naturally and effortlessly melting away stubborn layers of fat. Just stir a spoonful into a glass of water in the morning and experience the best health ever!