You’ve probably read all about the great health benefits that green tea has to offer as a drink – it’s relaxing, it helps you detoxify, and it tastes pretty darn good. But did you know that green tea also has great benefits for your face?
Yup, you can make an easy and cheap homemade face mask made from green tea! You can get the same benefits as you would if you drank the green tea- but for your face. It soothes, it relaxes, it detoxifies, and yes, it softens and cleanses. Make your green tea a daily habit for both tummy and face!
1. Melt 3-4 tablespoons of grated beeswax with 1/2 cup of coconut oil and 1/2 cup of grapeseed or other skin-friendly liquid oil (more beeswax makes a thicker cream). When it’s thoroughly melted, pour the oil mixture into a blender and let it cool completely.
2. Make a strong infusion from 2 tablespoons green tea and 3/4 cup almost-boiling water (don’t use boiling water on green tea; it destroys some of the medicine). Let it steep for 5 minutes or so. Then pour it through cheesecloth or muslin and wring it out. You should have about 1/2 cup of strong tea.
3. Simmer a small handful of oats in 3/4 cup water for about 10 minutes. Let it sit for a while (at least 1/2 hour). Strain. You should have about 1/2 cup of oat water.
4. Mix the oat water and the green tea together. These are your “waters” (as opposed to oils).
5. When both the oils and the waters are completely cool (it’s easiest to just wait until the next morning), put the waters into a pitcher or another container that’s easy to pour. Then get the blender going on its highest speed and pour the waters in a slow, steady stream into the center of the blending oils. When you’ve almost finished adding the waters, pay close attention. When the cream is ready, the blender will start to sputter and choke a little bit. When this happens, turn the blender off. Your cream is done. You can stir it more by hand if you like, but if you beat it too much it might separate. (This is also a good time to add a few drops of essential oil if you want to scent your cream. I used 5 drops of grapefruit oil.)
6. Scoop the cream into jars, and store it someplace cool. (Since it doesn’t have any preservatives in it, it’s a bit perishable. If you won’t be using it for a long time, you can store it in the refrigerator.)
Source and for more: >> Green Tea Moisturizing Cream <<
image source: crabappleherbs.com
Drink THIS Green Powder Every Morning (It Will Be The Best Decision You Ever Make!)
- Having more energy than you thought possible
- Not being so dang hungry all the time
- Feeling strong
- Sleeping like a baby
- Finally shifting that stubborn fat
It cleanses your body from the inside out... detoxifying... de-stressing... naturally and effortlessly melting away stubborn layers of fat. Just stir a spoonful into a glass of water in the morning and experience the best health ever!